Monday, January 27, 2014

Pinky's Perfect Nails

One of my best girlfriends wanted to take me to this nail place she heard does serious nail art for my birthday. I love her but she tends to suck at getting plans together. For those of you who don't know; my birthday is in July. Can you guess when we made it to Pinky's? January.

Despite the 7 month delay I am so glad we finally went!

Pinky's is located just off of Queen St W but a slight pain in the ass to find/park, especially in -5C weather. It's the lower level down the staircase of unmarked (besides the #688) building amongst the downtown homes. The girls were really cool and nice, joining in in our conversation. The room is a large industrial space with the chic and eclectic vibe I dig.

I stuck with the Pinterest inspiration I saw online months ago which the manicurist claims is actually originally a Pinky's image. Whether that's true or not I loved it. We changed mine a little bit but here they are back to back!


        

If you're looking for a fun girl night's out activity I would definitely recommend this place! The manicure costed $48.00 which is definitely pricier than a typical manicure but look at that details! There were no stickers here, everything was hand painted. 

Mine lasted pretty well overall. The studs were the first things to go but all in all I would do it again. It was a cool way to accessorize. I see now why celebs have taken to this fashion. While I won't do it every day I will definitely do it again. Now I gotta find somewhere in NYC. 

Would you do this? If so, what kind?






2 comments: