Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Days 8 & 9

Time seems to be slipping through my fingers and crawling at the same time. Which is difficult. And confusing.

Yesterday I wore my skinny jeans with my T layered with my chambray top unbuttoned. I read somewhere that you can use your chambray top unbuttoned and treat it like a cardigan. I used to have 50 cardigans but within a year they're out. I hardly find the need or style to wear them anymore. So I tried this and I liked it. It was comfortable and layering is essential in this frigid cold, storm, polar vortex weather we are experiencing here. 

What I learned yesterday and today is that accessories can help change up an outfit. The same boring thing I've worn multiple times can be seen in a new light with a change of accessory. 
Yesterday I added this great J.Crew necklace I got during the holiday season. It can easily be worn with fancy dresses as well as T shirts like so. 

Today my plaid dress, which I have only worn to shul (synagogue) once with opaque black tights and suede booties. (Loved it and sadly no one was there to admire. Womp womp.) Since I was doing work and seeing friends before I move, I wanted to casual down the dress.
I topped it with this little news paperboy, houndstooth in brown, gold rings, black on black houndstooth tights (as you can see in the pic it's hard to see the houndstooth at all) and leather boots. It has a real London feel to me. My friend that saw me said it looked like a grown up version of the school uniforms we wore in elementary school but I take it as a compliment. Plaid is very in this season and I for one am loving it.

I know the Jews are all gonna see this look and think, "she looks married," (based on the tradition for married women to cover their hair) but no, I am not married however I do like to wear hats. Don't do it often because I don't want people to think I'm married but today is just too bad. It looks cute (I think so) and yes, it's not a great hair day. Voila! I put a hat on and I look put together and my hair doesn't look half bad. Sue me. 

I do have to say the dress is pretty skin tight. I'm amazed I could zip it up myself....and let's just say going to the washroom isn't simple. It's from Zara for anyone interested. The hem was actually falling in the back and they had it altered and fixed free of charge. Good customer service in that respect so shout out to them! 

No comments:

Post a Comment