Friday, January 10, 2014

Day 11: Anthro top/dress with Jeans!

When standing in the dressing room trying on this top at Anthropologie I followed my own rule; think of 3 different ways I could wear this piece.

1. the way I was wearing it in the dressing room - with just black opaque tights and I imagined wearing my black suede booties. (I cannot wait to wear this outfit!)

2.  with my pleather pants which has effectively been nixed when I tried it on in real life. Luckily I tried it with my lulul leggings and loved it. Comfy and cute. No reason you can't be both! (All you need are the right pieces in your closet)

3. now with jeans. In my head I thought this would work but once my pleather pants failed me I wasn't so sure. Wearing it now I have to say I like it. Wearing pants underneath skirts/tunics is something I did in the early 2000s living in Israel but has been trending ever so slightly on the runways and on red carpets lately.

Here you see Nicole Richie rocking it, Emma Thompson taking it black tie and a huge blog inspiration The Man Repeller herself, Leandra!
 

So I'm having a go at it. It's not quite as dramatic as Leandra's look but sometimes we have to creep into trends lightly...and realistically. What better time to dip into a trend then during a Fashion Challenge?




No comments:

Post a Comment