Friday, February 1, 2013

Modesty & Modernity (Party II)


Busy Phillips at the SAG Awards
This is the original post I wanted to write but I realized what started off as a little "introduction" to the subject was an entire post in and of itself. So I made it into two parts. I have been so inspired to see such modest gowns and fashions in style this season. Winter is always an easy time of year to dress covered head to toe, regardless of how you feel about tzniut. We all cozy up in our baggy sweaters and wear tights under our skirts, but, as we got a taste of maxi dresses last summer, I think the long skirts and dresses, higher necklines and longer sleeves is only picking up speed. We have seen this twice now from the Golden Globes and the SAG Award show red carpets. A very pregnant Busy Philipps and the adorable Kieman Shipka (which, when you dress modestly for long enough you can just see what would look good with just a sleeve added.)
Kieman Shipka at the SAG Awards







Keira Knightley
Now with the spring fashion shows in full swing we are seeing more and more designers stunning the runways with elegant and gorgeous gowns completely abiding by the rules of modesty. Reem Acra, Louis Vitton and Eli Saab just to name a few. But one designer is everywhere with the long sleeves and high necklines which is the reason I was even inspired to write this blog post, and that's Valentino! These are just three of my recent favorites. I've never wanted to wear long sleeves and a high neckline more in my life. I feel like every time I see a celebrity in a stunning gown on a red carpet I run my eyes to the bottom of the page to find, once again, that they are wearing Valentino. I've started following their Pinterest page so if you're a fan like I am too follow them too http://pinterest.com/valentino/



Jessica Alba
What's inspiring your fashion choices, modest or not, this season?? How will this translate to summer? I can't wait to see! 

1 comment:

  1. Hey Rena! Thanks for checking out my blog! Love yours! Can't wait to follow and support one another!
    xoxo,
    Aliyah

    ReplyDelete