Monday, January 14, 2013

My Top 10 Favs

The Golden Globes is now over but how amazing was it?! If you missed it, you really missed out. TV really seemed to fall on the sidelines for me, which is weird cause obviously I love TV. Maybe it's just because I haven't caught up on Homeland, which dominated, but it was film that really shined last night.
Most of the wins felt really deserved and Amy Poehler and Tina Fey were possibly my favorite hosts ever! I can't even get into all their hilarious lines which had me literally laughing out loud (my friend was there, she can attest to this...and she probably doesn't want to hang out for awhile because aside for laughing out loud, I clap and cheer as if I'm one of the actors there. Which let's be honest, I wish I was.)
     But I'm just going to limit this post to FASHION; a subject matter I love but haven't taken the opportunity to talk about enough. So who make my top 10? The following women in no particular order:

Anne Hathaway- Chanel- I think Anne is a classic beauty and that's how she looked last night. Besides looking a little on the frail side of skinny, I thought this dress was stunning. And the rest of her look was minimalist and simple. Perfection.

Kerry Washington- Miu Miu- I absolutely LOVED this sparkly and delicate column dress. My only criticism would be that I wish it went all the way to the floor. I hate ankle length dresses, I just think there kaka. Either full length, tea length, knee, above the knee, or mini (if you are under the age of 35 or have legs like Heidi Klum.) And Kerry wasn't the only one rocking the nude/blush look!

Hayden Panettiere- Roberto Cavalli- Another blush stunner! Normally, as much as I like Panettiere, her body always bothers me. She is petite, no doubt, but for some reason her arms always look so stubby to me and it throws off all her proportions. But last night she looked absolutely gorgeous! The strapless Cavalli, the mermaid cut, and it's maybe even the relaxed, blown out hair, that just looked amazing on her. She looked taller, slimmer, and her arms...well, I have to admit they looked pretty damn good.

Nicole Richie- Naeem Khan- Even though she is completely modest, covered head to toe, (a trend I loved seeing on last night's Red Carpet as an Orthodox Jewish girl) this dress is fucking sexy, and not in an obvious way like Jennifer Lopez's (which as a side note, as the night went on, I liked more and more.)

Kate Hudson- Alexander McQueen- I'll say one thing: I wish her hair had been in an updo, just a loose side bun, to show off that amazing collar!

Julia Louis-Dreyfus- Vera Wang

Sally Field- I can't find who she is wearing but someone tell me! My guess is Reem Acra because of the flow, softness, and the twist cap sleeves they have been showing so much of lately. She looks absolutely amazing for her age (66!!!!) and navy is such a classic color and a nice change to so much of the black we saw last night.

I want to say Jennifer Lawrence because I love her so much and the color and cut was amazing (hello, her waist looked insanely tiny with that gold belt) but sadly the cone boobs didn't work for me :(

Zooey Deschanel- Oscar de La Renta, pearls, and a pony. How can you go wrong?

Kristen Bell- Jenny Packham- this is maternity wear gone fantastic. I will put it on the internet now; when I am (God willing, bli ayin hara, knock on wood etc....) pregnant one day I hope one of my siblings is getting married because I want an excuse to wear that dress (yes, I plan on being rich enough to buy the designer original...okay, or buy the best damn fabric and get as close as possible to it!) A lot of timing issues need to go into this to make this happen but the plan is now being set in motion! Any takers? I'm veering off the subject matter aren't I?

And Possibly my #1 would be host Amy Poehler's first outfit of the night- the black Stella McCartney black tuxedo suit with no shirt and that amazing dripping diamond necklace between her cleavage. Need I say more?



There were so many more actually but I'm going to limit myself to 10. Anyone missing you think? Disagree? Leave a message and argue with me! I know you're reading this but people don't believe me when I say I actually do have followers you all just tell me in person or in Facebook messages!

6 comments:

  1. I loved the dress of Kate Hudson

    I have found you through the Lauren Conrad website, and I love your blog. Would you like to follow each other. Just leave a comment to let me know.
    My Fashion blog: I'm A Love Addict
    ENTER>>>Dress and make-up goodies Giveaway<<<

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Love checking our your blog and started following it. I loved the Kate Hudson dress too but really wish her hair had been up to show it off more. I don't know why I can't get over that! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your critique of all these outfits! I'm in love with award season and love seeing what everyone wears. I found your blog off LaurenConrad.com's forum! I’m excited to follow you and see your upcoming posts! Check out my recent blog at www.unpredictableandchic22.blogspot.com
    XO Courtney

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I loved checking out your blog as well. I love award season!!!

      Delete
  4. Great Golden Globe recap, we obvi have similar tastes when it comes to couture gowns. I'm now following you on GFC too!! Good luck with your pursuit in creative writing!

    XoXo,

    Chantel
    http://stylesequence.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I can't wait for the SAGs, Grammys and Oscars!

      Delete