Thursday, October 4, 2012

Teaching an old dog a new trick

I hope everyone had a good weekend. Saturday night I was having a pretty old school girls night with one of my closest friends who has asked me a couple times to do hair tutorials. Ironically, last time, before I started this blog, I taught her how to use the bun it she had just bought. This week she asked me to show her how to curl her hair, which is another request I get quite often. Only problem was she didn't have a curling iron, she only had a flat iron! dum dum dummmmm is pretty much the loud noise that went through my mind. I completely admit that I am no professional, am self taught, and have only ever used curling irons so I was afraid I'd disappoint her. Despite my adamant protests to even trying she refused and told me to just try. After a couple failed strands that I simply made more straight I was ready to just give up and was convinced I would just have to go home and practice on my own head before embarrassing myself like I was at that moment. It wasn't too long that I finally got the hang of it. She looked great! Some curls were more beachy-wavy and others were actually very formal and bouncy. I'd definitely need to take more time to really perfect my skill but overall she looked great! Now I need to actually go out and buy a flat iron so I can practice lol. The technique: Starting at the middle point of your hair (about 1/2 an inch's worth) curl away from your face and wrap the ends once around then pull through the hair. This is really hard to explain over blog so I will definitely be making a video of this once I get my straightening iron! (Can you believe I don't have one?? I literally only have curling irons!) Ladies and gentlemen meet Galit (aka Galilu) who has agreed to let me post the pic we took right after finishing her hair. But really is it my handy work or just that she's so gosh darn pretty?

No comments:

Post a Comment