Friday, October 5, 2012

Life Is Full Of Little Pricks

For my first post on TV (which I hope there will be many more to come) I'd love to talk about my latest obsession Nurse Jackie. This Showtime series has gotten great reviews and even Emmy wins (Edie Falco is ridiculous) but I had never been all that interested but in the duller TV days of summer between So You Think You Can Dance and Keeping Up With The Kardashians (I know, I should be ashamed but I'm not lol)I picked up my mom's DVD of Season 1 and once I started I couldn't stop! It is so witty and funny but more than that each character is so 3 dimensional it's fantastic. A good looking male doctor? Sure, but he's a total goof ball, puppy dog who needs love but everyone is too annoyed to love him. But he also has a physical turrets/tick induced under stressful situations that cause him to grab women's breasts. And he's not even the lead!! I could go on and on about each individual character but I think you should just watch it yourselves.

It just wrapped it's 4th season, 12 episodes per season (10 for the last) and only 30 minute episodes. Although, I don't know how but the 30 minutes feel more like an hour! They fill the episodes so well, the viewer gets so drawn in, that it doesn't feel like just the regular 22 minute sitcom (probably because it's not since it has no commercial breaks and has just as much heart and drama as it does humor). If you catch up on all the current TV shows airing and want to spend a few hours in bed on a Sunday watching a great show? My recommendation: Nurse Jackie. And no, that is NOT how I spent my Sunday and all night Tuesday after the holiday and turned down two movie invites. Don't judge me, I was addicted. (You'll find that irony funnier if you watch the show.)

No comments:

Post a Comment