Thursday, September 20, 2012

BJCC - Best Jym

I just joined the new (and highly improved) BJCC at Rutherford and Bathurst. While I know for most people in Toronto that is "like a million miles away" it really isn't so get over it. The gym is amazing loaded with weights, dumbbells, kettle bells, bars, treadmills, bikes (with virtual screens that you can race your friends on!), strength training machines, a jacob's ladder and some rope pulling thing. They offer lots of classes at various hours and 2 indoor pools with lap hours and 1 outdoor (which of course is only good for, what? 3 months in Toronto. But still!) Last night I planned on going to the gym, after 4 days of working out, except for Sunday, I didn't want to break my streak. Plus Thursdays are my weigh in day so who doesn't want to do all they can the day before?? But no, I got home a little later then expected, had dinner late, and got caught up watching So You Think You Can Dance 2 hour performance finale. And I knew the next day (AKA today, Thursday) I was not going to be home much besides to eat dinner and wouldn't have/make time for a work out so what's a girl to do?? I can't even believe I did this but I did my chores and went straight to bed (10:30pm) in my work out pants, woke up at 5:30, walked the 10 minute walk to the gym from my house, attended a Hatha Yoga class from 6:15-7:00am then walked back home, showered, got dressed and went to work for 9am (a 1 hour drive from my home with traffic now). I felt great! Who the heck thought I could do that?! I didn't! It was great. just 3 other people in the class, I was able to bend and twist at my own comfort level but still push and challenge myself. Definitely broke a sweat (those damn planks!) And had a great start of to my day. And tomorrow is a Friday, never a good work out day for us Jews, but now that I know I CAN get up that early if I go to bed early enough, I pretty much have no excuse! So although I have a birthday party to drop in to tonight I can't stay for very long cause I want to go to the Spinning class at 6-7am (since the 7am class for something else doesn't end till 7:55am which is too late to get to work and I don't think I'm motivated enough quite yet to just get on a treadmill for my own set time lol. I think I need the stability of a class setting, like with a buddy.) I hope tomorrow will be just as successful and energizing as this morning was. I could get used to that. I actually wrote this post LAST Thursday and I might as well update here: I did in fact go to the 6am spinning class, my first ever. And yes, my ass was killing for the next 2 days. And no, I don't think I'm addicted but I did like the sweat and soreness. I would do it again but I'm not sure I want to tomorrow! The class was half full of middle aged people who were mostly all in better shape and more experienced spinners than me. I was clearly the child, the amateur. But we'll see, maybe I will try it again. For now, I'm sticking with my yoga and Zumba!

No comments:

Post a Comment