Saturday, September 15, 2012

Addressing the Questions

For those of you who know me can probably tell that I've lost a significant amount of weight. The compliments have been out pouring and (mostly) very loving and supportive. People have asked me how I've been doing it especially because I used to be such an open book when it comes to weight loss struggles. Over the last year or so I think I've become much more introverted when it comes to this subject because it is so personal and individual. I did not do it all on my own and had a lot of help and the exact plan is not for everyone so I will not be laying out exactly what I have done/am doing. I would suggest consulting with your doctor, nutritionist, and personal trainer, to figure out the best plan for you! Mine is to my specifications, cravings, BMI, height and age. But of course I will continue to share lots of tips and pieces of advice I've picked up on from the many, many years of dieting and excersizing. I am very excited to say that I used to weigh 250lbs and today I weighed in at 191. Woo hoo! Breaking out of the 200s and into the 100s was surreal and I didn't really believe it would last. Believe me, it hasn't been easy and there have been minor lags but I only started this blog two days ago, so just trust me :) It's been mostly strict dieting and cutting my meals in half. I have learned that it is true what they say, "You can have it all, just in moderation!" While I was getting at least 30 minutes a day of walking or an hour of swimming I have been wanting to kick up my work outs and really start breaking a sweat! Plus, as kindly as possible, people have asked if with so much weight loss if my skin has become flabby. Ew! Gross! I want to avoid that as MUCH as possible! If that's not motivation I don't know what is! God was I in for a shock. I might be down 59lbs but my stamina is embarressing! Not to fret, this will not get me down, only motivate me.

No comments:

Post a Comment